Updated on December 21, 2020 8:45 am
EVERY MORNING, TheJournal.ie brings you all the news you need to know at the start of the day.
1. # TO GROUND: Passenger flights and ferries from Great Britain to Ireland are suspended for two days in an effort to stop the spread of a new strain of coronavirus to Ireland.
2. # TICKET: France has blocked all UK freight trucks, raising fears that trade flows could be seriously disrupted.
3. #HAULAGE: The president of the Irish Road Transport Association has said that no truck driver should leave Ireland unless they have a confirmed reservation to travel directly to the mainland.
4. #BREXIT: It appears that talks on a post-Brexit trade deal will continue next week after another weekend of tense negotiations. did not make a breakthrough.
5. #BUBBLES: The Northern Ireland Executive agreed to cut the region’s bubbly five-day Christmas arrangements just one day.
6. #HPSC: The Health Surveillance Center (HPSC) will receive a funding boost of 3 million euros for create 43 permanent positions, has confirmed the HSE.
7. #US: Advisers to the president of the United States, Donald Trump, reportedly raised the idea of invoking martial law in a meeting to resist the outcome of the election. sparking outrage and disbelief in Washington.
No news is bad news
Support the magazine
You contributions help us continue to deliver the stories that are important to you
Support us now
8. # LOANS: The Central Bank of Ireland has urged consumers to distrust companies offering quick and easy loans during the holiday period.
9. # MYINFORMATION: How anti-vaccine misinformation pointed to the toy show – And what can be done about it.