DUBLIN, September 24, 2021 / PRNewswire / – The “US Intravenous Immunoglobulin Market Size, Share & Trends Analysis Report by Application (Immunodeficiency Diseases, Multifocal Motor Neuroopathy), by Distribution Channel, and Segment Forecasts, 2021-2028” has been added to ResearchAndMarkets.com offer.
The US Intravenous Immunoglobulin Market Size Is Expected To Reach $ 10.24 billion by 2028. It is expected to increase at a CAGR of 6.8% from 2021 to 2028.
A robust pipeline, approval and launch of new products, and increased government initiatives are expected to be the main drivers of the market.
A robust pipeline and increasing approvals and launches of new products are expected to support the market growth during the forecast period. For example, in April 2019, the US company ADMA Biologics, Inc. has received US FDA approval for its new drug Asceniv. It is an IVIG drug indicated for the treatment of primary humoral immunodeficiency disease.
Likewise, in December 2019, CSL Behring announced that it had obtained orphan drug exclusivity for Hizentra from the United States FDA for the treatment of chronic inflammatory demyelinating polyradiculoneuropathy (CIDP). In another case, in February 2021, Biotest AG announced that it was the first Germany to make an experimental hyperimmunoglobulin from plasma proteins for the treatment of COVID-19.
In addition, the increasing initiatives of various government organizations to boost the development of new products are expected to support the growth of the market during the forecast period. For example, in January 2018, the National Institutes of Health (NIH) awarded a grant of $ 3 million to the American company GigaGen Inc. to develop a new recombinant intravenous immunoglobulin for patients with primary immunodeficiency diseases.
However, manufacturing IVIG requires a well-developed production facility and high capital investments, resulting in the high cost of the final product. Hence, this factor is expected to restrain the growth of the market. In addition, IVIG products are subject to strict safety and handling regulations which is another factor that may hamper the growth of the market.
For example, in 2018, the US FDA delayed the approval of GC Pharma’s intravenous immunoglobulin product and requested additional data relating to the drug’s manufacturing process.
Highlights of the U.S. Intravenous Immunoglobulin Market Report
- By Application, Immunodeficiency Diseases has dominated the market in 2020 due to increasing number of cases and increasing adoption of IVIG for the treatment of these diseases.
- Multifocal Motor Neuropathy Applications segment is expected to register the fastest growth rate during the forecast period due to the high efficiency of IVIG in its treatment.
- Based on distribution channel, hospital pharmacy held the largest share in 2020 due to large number of hospital pharmacies and easy availability of products in hospitals
- Market leaders are involved in the development of new plasma collection centers and other collaborative strategies to expand their geographic reach and expand their product portfolio
Market driver analysis
- Increase in the number of cases of immunodeficiency disease
- Growing adoption of immunoglobulin replacement therapies
- Approval and launch of new products
- Increase R&D investments
Analysis of market constraints
- Expensive nature of immunoglobulin replacement therapy
- Strict production and approval regulations
US Intravenous Immunoglobulin (IVIG) Market Analysis Tools
- Industry Analysis – Porter’s
- PESTEL analysis
Impact of COVID-19 on the U.S. Intravenous Immune Globulin (IVIG) Market
- Biotest SA
- Octapharma SA
- LFB Biotechnologies
- China Biologics, Holdings, Inc.
- Grifols, SA
- Kedrion Biopharma, Inc.
- CSL Behring
- McKesson Company
- Takeda Pharmaceutical Company (Shire plc)
- Laboratory of Bio Products Ltd.
- ADMA Biologics, Inc.
- Pfizer Inc.
For more information on this report, visit https://www.researchandmarkets.com/r/29peia
Research and markets
Laura Wood, senior
For EST office hours, call + 1-917-300-0470
For USA / CAN call toll free + 1-800-526-8630
For GMT office hours, call + 353-1-416-8900
US Fax: 646-607-1904
Fax (outside the United States): + 353-1-481-1716
SOURCE Research and Markets