Michael Cassel Group produces and presents world-class musical and theatrical productions. Our reputation for combining artistic excellence with business acumen has positioned the Michael Cassel Group as one of the world’s leading movie theater producers. Through our continued successes, we are expanding the company’s interests to include investing in, acquiring and creating new theatrical intellectual properties in Australia, on Broadway and in the West End.
We are looking for a dynamic and detail-oriented Marketing Assistant to provide general administrative support to our marketing team in our Sydney office.
- Gather agendas and minutes from all marketing-related meetings.
- Update Salesforce with all marketing and company contact information.
- Gather samples of all printed materials / advertisements and file them electronically and on paper / archive.
- Undertake research projects and prepare presentations as required, ensuring confidentiality and attention to detail.
- Arrange meetings (including but not limited to catering, video conferencing rooms, printing of agendas).
- Assist in the coordination of the Marketing Director’s agendas, travel requirements and meetings for internal and external stakeholders.
- Liaise with contest winners by creating and sending letters, recording achievement and contacting winners.
- Assist marketing managers with sending resources, updating copies and coordinating ticket requests.
- Assist with MCG website updates and social media postings and planning.
- Support the administration of the marketing budget (purchase orders, invoices, budget tracking, reconciliation, expense reports and filing).
- Support relationships with advertising agencies, media and marketing partners.
- Help organize and run special events, opening nights and launches.
- Assist in the administration of campaign reports by gathering relevant marketing information from various sources as directed by Marketing Managers.
- Other tasks as needed.
- Work collaboratively with internal and external stakeholders.
- Meet regularly with internal stakeholders.
- Work collaboratively and willingly in a small, all-hands-on-deck team.
- Follow all company policies.
- Model and support the mission and values of the MCG Group by demonstrating inclusive behavior and maintaining a safe and professional work environment.
- Reflect the company’s culture and brand to external partners and stakeholders by operating in a collaborative, contemporary, innovative, ambitious and, above all, equitable manner.
- Graduate degree in marketing, communications or related field of study.
- Strong interest in working in a commercial entertainment company.
- Knowledgeable and confident social media user.
- Strong computer skills including Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook.
- Ability to complete work as directed.
- Business driven and result oriented.
- Strong numeracy skills.
Capacities and skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication and presentation skills.
- Meticulous attention to detail.
- Ability to think laterally creatively and strategically.
- Can-do attitude and willingness to roll up your sleeves and do whatever it takes to get the job done.
- Ability to work well under pressure in a fast paced and constantly changing environment and to meet deadlines.
- Ability to work independently as well as within a larger team.
- The highest integrity in professional and personal life.
The job description is not an exhaustive list and may change from time to time to meet the changing needs of the organization.
This role is based in Sydney.
Note: A successful candidate will need to be and remain fully vaccinated against COVID-19 recognized by Australian authorities/or hold a physician-cleared exemption from the vaccine. Proof of vaccination or exemption will be required prior to any job offer.
About the Michael Cassel Group
Michael Cassel Group recognizes the importance of recruitment that empowers and respects traditionally underrepresented communities.
We aim to enrich our workplace with a diverse offering of voices, perspectives and lived experiences, and to foster a culture of respect and equality among our employees, partners and audiences.
We encourage applications from people of any race, sexual orientation, gender, age, ethnicity, those who identify as First Nations, culturally and linguistically diverse, neurodiverse, those living with disabilities, and those who identify as crossing a or more of these groups.
We invite you to say more about yourself, if you wish, in your cover letter.
HOW TO REGISTER
Candidates are invited to apply via the Michael Cassel Group website at https://michaelcassel.com/recruitment/
We are expecting a large number of applications, so please be sure to include your reasons for applying for this position.
We invite Candidates to provide the following information:
- current CV;
- Cover letter including your notable accomplishments and a brief overview of who you are; and
- Contact details of 2 referees.
Applications with closure Sunday May 22, 2022.