by DelveInsight”Primary Sclerosing Cholangitis Market The “Insights, Epidemiology, and Market Forecast-2032” report provides an in-depth understanding of Primary Sclerosing Cholangitis (PSC), historical and forecast epidemiology, and market trends of Primary Sclerosing Cholangitis (PSC) in the United States. United, in the EU5 (Germany). , Spain, Italy, France and the United Kingdom) and in Japan.
The Primary Sclerosing Cholangitis (PSC) Market report provides current treatment practices, emerging drugs, Primary Sclerosing Cholangitis (PSC) market share of individual therapies, current and forecast Cholangitis market size primary sclerosing (PSC) from 2019 to 2032 segmented by seven major markets. The report also covers current Primary Sclerosing Cholangitis (PSC) treatment practices/algorithms, market drivers, market barriers and unmet medical needs to select the best opportunities and assesses the underlying market potential of primary sclerosing cholangitis (PSC).
Primary sclerosing cholangitis: an overview
Primary sclerosing cholangitis (PSC) is a rare cholestatic disorder of the liver, with narrowings of the bile ducts leading to cirrhosis of the liver in a proportion of patients. The etiology of PSC is unknown; thus, PSC is generally considered an idiopathic condition. PSC is commonly associated with inflammatory bowel disease and an increased risk of cholangiocarcinoma, gallbladder cancer, colorectal cancer, and hepatocellular carcinoma. Medical treatments are primarily aimed at symptom management, and disease-modifying treatments are limited. Endoscopic therapies are used in patients with dominant strictures and liver transplantation is a last resort.
Download Sample Copy of CSP Market Report – https://www.delveinsight.com/sample-request/primary-sclerosing-cholangitis-market
Some of the major highlights of the Primary Sclerosing Cholangitis Market report
- Primary sclerosing cholangitis (PSC) is a rare progressive disease characterized by inflammation, thickening and abnormal formation of fibrous tissue (fibrosis) in the passages that carry bile from the liver (bile ducts). The bile ducts inside the liver (intrahepatic) and outside the liver (extrahepatic) are affected.
- PSC is a rare disease with a poor prognosis and can lead to cirrhosis of the liver or cancer of the bile ducts. It affects 0.01% of the population but, although rare, PSC is responsible for more than 10% of all liver transplants, making it the third most common indication for liver transplantation in Europe.
- According to Gochanour et al., 2020, men are more affected than women in cases of primary sclerosing cholangitis.
Epidemiological segmentation of primary sclerosing cholangitis in 7MM
- Prevalent cases
- Associated comorbidities
Primary Sclerosing Cholangitis Treatment Market
Treatments for PSC focus on managing complications and monitoring liver damage. Treatment for CSP includes medication to reduce itching and jaundice, antibiotics to treat infections, and vitamin supplements, as people with CSP are often deficient in vitamins A, D, and K. In some cases, intervention Surgery to open major blockages in the common bile duct is also required. . Additionally, liver transplantation may be required and in some cases can cure PSC.
Pathogenesis of primary sclerosing cholangitis
Although the pathogenesis of PSC has not been completely understood, there are some hypotheses of possible contributors such as gut microbiota, immunological pathways, and genetics. On the other hand, although there is no specific treatment for PSC, many studies have reported that certain immunosuppressants and immunomodulatory drugs, antibiotics and anti-inflammatory drugs can help control the disease and its complications. Studies suggest that controlling and normalizing long-term alkaline phosphatase levels would improve survival and reduce the risk of requiring liver transplantation.
Drugs for primary sclerosing cholangitis
About half of patients diagnosed with PSC are asymptomatic at presentation. However, in some cases, patients complain of pruritus due to additional hepatic cholestasis. Histamine levels have also been shown to be significantly elevated in patients with PSC as well. Several studies have attempted to examine multiple medications for pruritus management such as cholestyramine, ursodeoxycholic acid, and rifampin. Recently, the use of melatonin has also gained attention in the management of gastrointestinal diseases as well as the anti-pruritus effect.
Primary Sclerosing Cholangitis Market Overview
Due to the rarity of the disease, studies of PSC have until recently been limited by small cohort sizes, relying on meta-analyses to improve statistical power. Displaying multiple phenotypes with and without ulcerative colitis, overlapping with other autoimmune conditions, elevated IgG4, and location and site of biliary injury make matters worse.
Primary Sclerosing Cholangitis Market Dynamics
CSP market dynamics are expected to witness a major positive change in the coming years owing to the anticipated launch of major therapies. Research is ongoing to identify therapeutic targets and develop a curative therapy for the treatment of primary sclerosing cholangitis (PSC).
Primary Sclerosing Cholangitis (PSC) market dynamics are expected to witness a positive change in the coming years owing to the anticipated launch of GS-9674 (Gilead Sciences). The market is expected to witness strong momentum owing to the anticipated label expansion of current therapies and the emergence of potential pipeline products as approved therapies during the forecast period (2022-2032).
Request Sample Copy of Report – https://www.delveinsight.com/sample-request/primary-sclerosing-cholangitis-market
1. Key information
2. Executive Summary of Primary Sclerosing Cholangitis (PSC)
3. Competitive Intelligence Analysis for Primary Sclerosing Cholangitis (PSC)
4. Primary Sclerosing Cholangitis (PSC): Market Overview at a Glance
5. Primary sclerosing cholangitis (PSC): background and disease overview
6. Patient journey
7. Primary sclerosing cholangitis (PSC) epidemiology and patient population
8. Treatment Algorithm, Current Treatment and Medical Practices
9. Unmet Needs in Primary Sclerosing Cholangitis (PSC)
10. Main endpoints of treatment for primary sclerosing cholangitis (PSC)
11. Marketed Products of Primary Sclerosing Cholangitis (PSC)
12. Emerging therapies for primary sclerosing cholangitis (PSC)
13. Primary Sclerosing Cholangitis (PSC): Seven Key Market Insights
14. Attribute analysis
15. 7MM: Market Outlook
16. Primary Sclerosing Cholangitis (PSC) Access and Reimbursement Overview
17. KOL Views
18. Market Drivers
19. Market Barriers
21. DelveInsight Abilities
23. About DelveInsight
DelveInsight is a business consulting and market research firm, providing expert business solutions for the life sciences verticals and offering premier consulting services in the areas of R&D, strategy formulation, operations , competitive intelligence, competitive landscape design and mergers and acquisitions.
Company Name: DelveInsight Business Research LLP
Contact person: Yash Bhardwaj
E-mail: Send an email
Address:304 S. Jones Boulevard #2432
Country: United States