By Liz Moyer
Investing.com — U.S. stocks fell on Friday after a stronger-than-expected jobs report. Here are the midday movers for June 3:
- Tesla Inc. (NASDAQ:) shares fell 8% after CEO Elon Musk allegedly said in an email that he was worried about the economy and wanted to cut the electric vehicle maker’s employee base by 10% , according to Reuters.
- Kohl’s Corp. (NYSE:) Shares rose 2% after a report that the department store chain attracted two takeover bids, one from private equity firm Sycamore Partners and the other from the selling holding company Retail Franchise Group (NASDAQ:).
- Coinbase Global Inc. (NASDAQ:) Shares fell 8% after the cryptocurrency exchange operator extended its hiring break and rescinded some job offers it recently made, citing the macro environment.
- Frontier Group Holdings Inc. (NASDAQ:) shares fell 4.4% after it announced it would pay a $250 million fee if regulators did not approve its proposed merger with Spirit Airlines (NYSE:). Spirit shares fell 3.4%.
- Turning Point Therapeutics Inc (NASDAQ:) shares doubled after Bristol Myers (NYSE:) Squibb announced plans to buy it for $76 per share.
- Crowdstrike Holdings Inc. (NASDAQ:) Shares fell 5.7% despite reporting better than expected and improving outlook for the year.
- Okta Inc. (NASDAQ:) shares rose 7% after fiscal first-quarter earnings and its outlook rose.